The Endorsement Team
The Endorsement Team plays an important role within the Olympia Indivisible organization. Our mission is to find information about candidates for elective office and to present the information to the Olympia Indivisible membership to help in making rational voting decisions.
The team will perform the following tasks:
The team will perform the following tasks:
- Collect information about Federal, State and County candidates running for elective office within Congressional District 10 as well as information about statewide initiatives.
- The Endorsement Team will vet each candidate
- In 2020, the Endorsement Teamwork will start in January.
- We will begin by developing a schedule and identifying the offices up for election.
- Team members will choose the offices for which they wish to vet candidates.
- We will update candidate questionnaires including those for candidates previously endorsed by Olympia Indivisible.
- Vetting will include sending questionnaires to each candidate, studying public information, reviewing voting records and researching other sources of information that may be available.
- The Endorsement Team will present its findings to the Olympia Indivisible membership to consider in making their endorsement vote.
- Candidates endorsed by Olympia Indivisible must receive a super-majority (66%) of the votes cast by the membership.
Olympia Indivisible – Process for Endorsing Candidates/Initiatives
- All active OI members will have the opportunity to be involved in endorsing a candidate or an initiative.
- The membership will vote for a candidate or initiative for endorsement by online ballot.
- An endorsement from OI will require a 2/3 majority of voting members.
- Voting for candidates will occur in June for August 4, 2020, primary and in September for the November 3, 2020, general election.
- Voting for initiatives will occur whenever OI is ready to ask for an endorsement.
- The Endorsement Team will evaluate candidates and distribute the information to OI membership.
- The Endorsement Team will also present the information at a membership meeting.
- The Endorsement Team will coordinate with other OI teams, other Indivisible Groups, and with the Steering Committee.
- The results for candidates and Initiatives that receive 2/3 of the votes will be announced to the membership via email and on our Facebook page.
- Candidates endorsed by OI will be notified after the membership has been informed.
Olympia Indivisible Core Values:
The Following Values, approved by the OI membership, will be used by the Endorsement Team to Evaluate Candidates.
- The environmental sustainability of our planet is vital and the key to peace and security for all.
- Health care is a universal right.
- Equal economic and educational opportunity is important for everyone regardless of race, color or creed.
- All Americans deserve the opportunity to work for a living wage, receive job training and have safe working conditions. We value the right to collectively bargain on behalf of all workers.
- Support for small business is essential for new job creation.
- Immigrants, both documented and undocumented, deserve civil rights protections.
- Discrimination divides us, is unethical and weakens us as a nation.
- Realistic and enforceable laws are needed to address gun violence.
- Women have the right to decide their healthcare needs.
- Corporations are not people and money is not speech.
- Religion and government must be separate.
- All children deserve access to an equitable, high-quality public education.
- Voting must be accessible, verifiable and secure in all communities.
- A democratically elected government that is transparent, accountable and responsive best serves the people of this country.
- Universal human rights and democratically elected governments are essential for the freedom of all people.
- Access to high-speed broadband connectivity is essential to ensuring economic opportunity in urban and rural America
- Everyone deserves a home and food security.
Use the + sign on the right of each category below to expand the section(s).
PORT OF OLYMPIA COMMISSIONER
THURSTON COUNTY AUDITOR
THURSTON COUNTY COMMISSIONER
WA Supreme Court Justice Position 8
WA Leg Dist. 22 Position 2
WA Leg Dist. 22 Position 1
WA Leg Dist. 20 Position 2
WA Leg Dist. 2 Position 1
wa SENATOR Leg Dist 35
wa LEG DIST 35 POSITION 1
WA LEG DIST 35 POSITION 2
US REPRESENTATIVE DIST. 10