SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY
WORKOUT! Ruth Sent Us! - Rally THIS Tuesday, Sept 29th
RUTH SENT US! is a one-hour celebration/rally to honor the memory of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg and to affirm our united determination to win the elections and to protect democracy.
WHERE AND WHEN: Tuesday, September 29th, 12pm-1pm, in Olympia, along both sides of 4th Ave. from Water Street to the bridge. Please plan to arrive at 11:45am so we can get the signage/flags distributed and participants stationed 6’ apart before noon.
HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS DO WE NEED? We need at least 82 OI members to come to hold signs, wave flags, and hold our Olympia Indivisible banner. Bring your family!
Please Sign Up Here Learn more here https://www.olympiaindivisible.org/rbg-rally.html
Lisa Ornstein says Protect the Results!
Lisa want you to know there are 5 weeks to go until the election. We need to win and make it stick! Watch the video here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZcKIo7lacY
THIS IS THE WEEK!
With 5 weeks to go before the election, taking action NOW will make a difference. Every action you take large or small will make it more likely that Trump will be stopped. Worrying changes nothing. Reading Facebook changes nothing, but taking action changes the world around us. Look at the example of little Greta Thunberg and her impact on the world’s awareness of climate change.
So go get your calendar, and make some plans. Commit to taking action every day this week, even if it is a 3 minute phone call.
Here are Five Ways to take action this week:
1. Make a Donation. If you've been considering a financial contribution, do it NOW, so those funds have time to get used effectively. If you've already contributed, consider giving A LITTLE MORE, NOW, to help make a difference in these critically important races. It ALL helps; do what you can, NOW while there's time.
Donate in honor of RBG: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/honor-rbg?refcode=webhomepage-actions&utm_source=web&utm_medium=homepage-actions&amount=18
2. Donate to OI endorsed candidates: https://www.olympiaindivisible.org/endorsed-candidates.html
3. Text For Biden/Harris Here’s another way to use your smart phone:
4. Write Post Cards (if you have volunteered to do this, remember they should be mailed by October 1st) You can also write 5 postcards to friends, sharing why you feel voting is so crucial.
5. Put Up Yard Signs: Contact the campaigns or make your own. You can also put them in your windows facing the street. Make your passion and commitment visible to your neighborhood, it will inspire others to do the same.
Great News - If Mark Kelly is Elected to the US Senate ...
If elected to the US Senate from Arizona, Mark Kelly could take office as early as end of November! His vote could be decisive in preventing the confirmation of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s successor on the Supreme Court!
We’ll be making calls to Arizona voters to elect Mark Kelly and Joe Biden. Join us on Saturday October 3rd from 10:00am to 12:00pm on Zoom. You’ll get trained on the Arizona Virtual Phone Bank which includes a calling script. Once you’ve been trained, you can make calls on your own time or join us every Saturday and Monday in October. Our partner organization is Flip the West.
Register here for the training for this Saturday, October 3 at 10:00 a.m.
Let’s flip the Senate to Blue and protect the US Supreme Court.
Call Both Our Senators
Thank Senator Patty Murray (202-224-2621) for coming out so forcefully and clearly against the GOP Supreme Court nominee process: https://www.murray.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/newsreleases?ContentRecord_id=F5232DDB-97C6-488B-A994-211E100F04A8
Thank Senator Maria Cantwell ((253) 572-2281) for her statement and urge her to be EVEN MORE EXPLICIT in condemning the replacement of RGB’s position now against the will of the American people. https://www.cantwell.senate.gov/news/press-releases/cantwell-statement-on-nomination-of-judge-amy-coney-barrett-to-the-supreme-court